Types of protectable inventions are:
Products (including a device, microorganism strain, culture of cells of plants or animals)
and methods ( a process of conducting actions on a materials object with the help of material means)
After a patent application is filed and the filing fee is paid, the preliminary examination takes approximately 2-3 months. In the case of positive result of the formal examination, a request for a substantive examination should be submitted within 3 years from the filing date. After the result for substantive examination is accepted (provided that the examination fee is paid) , the first office action form the RU PTO is usually received within 10-12 months. A response to the office action should be filed within 2 months after receipt of said office action , but the term of response can be extended up to 12 months (provided that the appropriate fee is paid) . After an official notification on the readiness to grant a patent is issued and granting fee is paid, the patent is usually published within 4-6 months. Overall, the process from filing the application to receiving a patent is approximately two years.
Generally the duration of patent protection in Russia is 20 years from the patent application’s filing date.
From the third year of the patent’s validity, officials request annual maintenance fees.
LUCKRUS’es Patent Attorneys have more than 30 years experience in all aspects of patent related matters. We provide a wide variety of services, including:
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications
- Filing and prosecuting of International (PCT) patent applications
- Preparing and registering assignments and licenses
- Filing and defending oppositions
- Dealing with the renewal of patents
- Annuity payments
- Representing our clients’ interests in patent disputes in the Chamber for Patent Disputes, court cases
The attorneys of LUCKRUS provide highly qualified services in patenting industrial designs and models in Russia,
- Can help clients to file description of the design
- Prepare photographs, drawings
- Prepare, file and prosecute applications in the Russian PTO
- Facilitate the timely payment of duties to maintain the validity of patents
- Consult on all manner of questions concerning design legislation and infringement.
Utility model is valid for 10 years from the filing date and this term can be extended up to 3 years by a petition from the owner of the utility model.
In Russia a requirement of “absolute novelty” for patentability of intellectual property is established.
For inventions, there are no exceptions from the “absolute novelty” requirement.
From the first year of the utility model’s validity, officials request annual maintenance fees.
The attorneys of LUCKRUS provide qualified specification and claim of a utility model
- Can prepare, file an application and prosecute it with the Russian PTO
- Facilitate timely payment of duties to maintain the validity of patents
- Consult on all questions concerning legislation and infringement.